The Herderplatz – historical spot in the heart of Weimar. This was the area where the city of Weimar originated and has been growing since the early Middle Ages. Directly opposite the town church of St. Peter and Paul (Herderkirche), a charming room for two guests awaits your visit. The room is located in the garden house of a classicist residential building on Herderplatz. Idyllic and quiet, yet directly in the town center. Incidentally, an old cellar in the garden dates back to the 13th century and most likely belonged to a medieval residential tower. Later, the property belonged to the wealthy knight of Kromsdorf. The Herderkirche is a fascinating sight right at your doorstep – the place where Johann Gottfried Herder worked and home to the famous Cranach alter. Herder was part of the “four stars” of Weimar Classicism along with Goethe, Schiller and Wieland.
- Nice, bright room with 24 qm, shower and toilet
- Located on the first floor of a historical classicist residential building
- Separate entrance via a steel staircase in the garden (garden use included)
- Quiet and very central location at Herderplatz in the city center
- Kettle, tea pot and mini refrigerator available
- Free parking space about 100 m from the room/apartment (8€/night, if available)
Since our prices vary depending on travel time and length of stay, we recommend that you use our booking calendar. It only requires a few clicks and gives you the correct final price without having to enter any personal data.